Electoral Roll revision

I see in the newspapers that the Electoral Rolls are being revised. People have been asked to apply to be included in the rolls or change their information, if it already exists.

Myself and my wife applied to be included in the Electoral Rolls in Bangalore a few years back. When the time finally came for the photo-id cards, my name was there in the rolls and not my wife's.

When the time came for the next revision to the rolls, we reapplied for my wife. I have no idea about the status of the application - whether her name is already in the rolls or not! What's the point in applying now if her name is already present?

With this in mind, I checked for the Election Commission website and found one for Karnataka. (http://ceokarnataka.nic.in). So far so good. Now to see if it allows you to search in the Electoral Rolls. There were two links - normal section and search by section. While one of them resulted in a "javascript" error (the page didn't load in IE7 or Firefox), the other resulted in a server error with the text shown below (

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'

[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/searchscript/Index_Eng_Pno.asp, line 123)


So, I check to see if there is an email or post option for feedback. All I see is the phone number of the Joint Chief Electoral Officer. Maybe, I'll call him...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a safe deposit locker in SBI

Opening a Kannada Word document

Switching to Tatasky make my pack