Internet Explorer 9 Beta

I too joined the bandwagon to enjoy The Beauty of the Web, viz. check out the Internet Explorer 9 beta.  Having checked some initial feedbacks, I thought let me install the 32-bit version of IE9 on my Windows 7 64-bit OS.   The download site indicated I should download the 64-bit, but I went ahead and downloaded the 32-bit version anyway (about 19MB).

I double-clicked on the installer only to receive the message "Wrong version of Internet Explorer installer".  This version of setup doesn't support your Windows system type (32-bit/64-bit).

This meant I had no choice, but to download the 64-bit IE9 beta.  This one was just 2.5MB in size, but as commented elsewhere, it, in turn, made further downloads.

Other than the mandatory restart, the install went off fine.  The good part is, nothing seems to break on IE9.  The new UI takes some time to get used to - without the Status Bar, you wouldn't know if the page is loading or not.  (Status Bar is disabled by default and needs to be enabled by right-clicking on the empty space next to the address bar/tab.

So far so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a safe deposit locker in SBI

Opening a Kannada Word document

When gas leaks