The Final Hour

I got the chance to review the book The Final Hour by Andrew Klavan.  It is pitched as the Last Homelanders Novel.

I had not read any of the other Homelanders novels.  In fact, I had not read any of the author's work.  But the synopsis looked interesting enough.  Interestingly, this was the first book that I read entirely on my Samsung Galaxy Ace using Aldiko eBook Reader.

Charlie West finds himself in a prison, accused of murdering his close friend Alex Hauser.  A group of Islamic prisoners are out to kill him, while another bunch of hard-core ones save his life.  He had infiltrated the Homelanders group, which is a dreaded terrorist group, plotting against USA.  He has lost his memory thanks to medication, but has begun to get it in bits and pieces.  He realizes that FBI has disowned him and no one believes his innocence or his double life.  The only two people he can rely on are his karate master and the one FBI detective who knows him.

In one of his memory attacks, he remembers about a terrorist plot by the Homelander chief Prince, on New Years Eve in New York, which can potentially kill millions.  The prison warden laughs it off.  He now needs to somehow foil the plot, by hook or crook.

Does Charlie West succeed in it?  This is what forms the rest of the novel.

The story unfolds at a steady pace and keeps the reader intrigued.  Parts of the plot could arguably be unrealistic.  But considering the contemporary nature of the plot, the reader can relate to it.  I felt that it would have helped to read the earlier Homelander novels to understand the characters, especially Charlie West, better.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
I review for BookSneeze®

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a safe deposit locker in SBI

Opening a Kannada Word document

When gas leaks