IT (Dept) is amazing!

I have been filing e-returns through the official Income Tax website even since it was introduced 3-4 years back.   This year I did it on 2nd July and sent across the signed  ITR-V by post a couple of days later.  I received an email on 18th July acknowledging the receipt of my hard copy.

Imagine my surprise when I saw an email from IT Department on 2nd September, intimating me that they had processed the IT returns and my refund was being credited through ECS.   Exactly 2 months since my online submission.  In 3-4 days, my Bank Account reflected the Refund credit.

This is an amazing turnaround time for a Department, which is notorious for not giving refunds.  Was it the online submission which speeded up the return processing?  If so, perhaps it is an incentive for people, who have returns, to file it online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a safe deposit locker in SBI

Opening a Kannada Word document

When gas leaks