Courier credit card delivery experiences

I stay in an apartment. So pretty much every delivery is picked up by the Apartment Security.  This works well since I am not available at home most of the day.

But there are exceptions and credit card is one of them.  They are expected to delivered to the addressee.

For some reason, HDFC Bank decided to "upgrade" my credit card.  I thought I had nothing to lose and agreed to it.  Actually, I ended up losing 60% of the reward points and gained pretty much nothing (since most of the "upgrade" features are for frequent air travellers).

Anyway, I got an SMS indicating my credit card had been shipped, along with the shipping details.   That was on last Saturday.   I expected the card to reach me on Monday.

I checked the tracking details on the web on Monday evening and saw "Shipment out for delivery" and "Delivery attempted - Premise closed". Looking at the time, delivery was attempted in the morning when no one is there at home.

I did not see any note indicating this or some information on how to reach the courier guy so that I could tell him, "hey, come after 2 PM when my wife is home or tell when you are coming and I will be home".

Tuesday came and went and the same status repeated - "Shipment out for delivery" and "Premise closed".

That night I got an SMS from the courier asking me to "choose a time for the delivery" and to send an SMS to a 5-digit number.   I duly did that and got a confirmation.    I thought that I had managed to solve the problem, but imagine my surprise when Wednesday came and a status check revealed identical contents to the previous two days.

I saw an option in the courier website to provide a feedback and I did just that.  I have not heard from them.

On Thursday morning, I wrote a letter on a paper, which had a photocopy of my self-attested address proof, authorizing the security to collect the card.

That worked - the card was duly delivered home by the security.


What I could not get was the following:

a) three times the courier guy had come, but had not bothered to leave his contact number or any note indicating how I could reach him
b) not once did he try calling my cell
c) not once did he think that "try, try and try again" will not work on week days!
d) what was the point of the SMS asking for delivery preference?  An eyewash?  Or buggy software?

Hopefully this is a rare occurrence and I get no similar packages in the near future!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Opening a safe deposit locker in SBI

Opening a Kannada Word document

Switching to Tatasky make my pack